List of Licenses required for your next company event
People often ask me, what is the most important aspect when you plan an event for your client ? What do we as clients need to account for? Well, for us, there has always been one response, Event Licenses.
Before any event takes place, there are a set of licenses which one requires to acquire to ensure a smooth flowing event. Most hotels provide clients the list of licenses ,which they would require to be submitted to them 24 hours before the event begins . There may be slight differences in the list provided, depending on the type of event.
Let us hypothetically consider an event which has everything in it, A company conference without any sponsors or paid attendees. A closed door invitee only event. It is a full day conference with Live Entertainment and a DJ Party to follow.
The list of licenses you would require are :
- Rangbhoomi License
- No objection Certificate from the Additional Collectors office
- No Objection Certificate from the Local Police Station
- No Objection Certificate from the Traffic Police Department
- No Objection Certificate from the Fire Brigade
- Police Commissioners Note
The above licenses come as a cluster of licenses common for any event.
For the DJ at your event, you require :
- Phonographic Performance Ltd License : For any music apart from music by Yashraj Films.
- Novex : This license is acquired for any music used at the event which is by Yashraj Films, Shemaroo, Zee,EROS.
If you are having any Live Performance at your event, then you require :
- IPRS : It stands for Indian Performing Rights Society Ltd. It is issued for any Live Entertainment you plan to have at your event.
Other Licenses Required :
- Liquor License
- Public Works Department License : You need to get this when you have a generator at your event.
- Foreign Artist Permission : Whenever you have people from another nationality performing at your event, you require to submit their documents i.e passport and visa copy to the authorities.
Documents you will require to get these licenses :
- Floor Plan from the venue
- No Objection Cerificate from the Venue
- Letter of Application to different licensing departments on your company’s letter head along with an affidavit on a stamp paper.
- Visa and contract copy between the artists and employee company if you have any foreign artists performing. It would be preferable in this case to get artists on a business visa and not an employment visa.
More often than not, it is advisable to ask the hotel what licenses they would require for the event and accordingly proceed.
So given above are the list of licenses required for your event, in-case you have sponsors and paid attendees at your event, there is the Entertainment Tax directorate which comes in factoring in details on a subjective event to event basis.